Here’s how Wake Forest students and others can plug in to Leadership and Character:
- 🎤 A Discussion with Cornel West: Dec. 1, 6 p.m., Wait Chapel. Free and open to the public. No pre-registration needed.
- 🎓 Cornel West’s discussion will kick off our Educating Character Across the University Conference (Dec 1-3). Educators at Wake Forest and beyond can register here.
- 📚 Alice Hauser named Rhodes Scholar. Read the full story here.
- 🎬 “Other People Matter” Watch or listen to our Program’s entire conversation with TV writer and producer Michael Schur here.
- 💼 We’re Hiring! The Program is expanding, thanks to an $8.6 M grant from the Kern Family Foundation. See open positions here.
Receive regular updates on events and happenings:
The Program for Leadership and Character inspires, educates, and empowers leaders of character to serve humanity. Through innovative teaching, creative programming, and cutting-edge research, we aim to transform the lives of students, foster an inclusive culture of leadership and character at Wake Forest, and catalyze a broader public conversation that places character at the center of leadership.
Over the last decade, Wake Forest faculty have become leading experts in the study of character. The Program for Leadership and Character is now using this groundbreaking research to develop creative, liberal arts-based programming to transform the lives of our students.
We are excited to share who we are and what we aspire to do. We hope you will join us in this effort.
We teach courses on leadership and character and equip others to develop relevant courses.
Our outside-the-classroom programs equip students to develop the character needed to lead with integrity.
Our efforts in the professional schools prepare students to be leaders and professionals of character.
We host conferences to facilitate broader reflection on leadership and character beyond Wake Forest.
Learn more about yourself and others through a Call to Conversation.
We use rigorous research to assess our programs and share our results.